The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address.
- uBio collects limited non-personally identifying information when you access our data. This information includes your Internet Protocol address and the date and time of your query.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account. uBio asks you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name and email address) and we will use that information to provide the service.
- When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us.
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- The information is limited to anonymous, aggregate information.
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of uBio, its users or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in the United States or any other country in which uBio or its agents maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
Updating your information
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Changes to this Policy
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. For more information, please see the help pages for each service
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us any time at privacy@uBio.org